Alignment with UNDP Sustainable Development (SDGs)
Our Management Policies and Targets support 8 SDGs against which the progress of our sustainability initiatives can be measured and reported, warranting our valuable contribution to the world. Our contribution towards SDGs can be found in relevant sections of the report. The KPIs against each SDG can be referred from the SDGs Index available on page 106 of this report.
Sustainability in Kay & Emms:
We’ve split our sustainability roadmap into the following phases with key topographies;
- Capacity development
- Collaboration with institutes and organizations for third party assessment and trainings
- Improvement through awareness
- Improvement through investments
- Zero discharge of hazardous chemicals
- Alignment of organization goals with SDGs
- Partnership for achieving these goals
Sustainability Achievement Summary
As a textile manufacturer we are strong believer of the concept of “Sustainability” is always a cheaper and safe way to produce goods and its real impact reflect when we goes through “Life Cycle Assessment” of the produced goods.
Kay and Emms is enthusiastically ensuring the sustainability throughout the business flow by focusing;
- GHG emission control and further reduction target
- Water reduction in processing
- Waste water management and recycling
- Responsible consumption of energy resources
- Renewable energy initiatives
- Sustainable raw materials
- Chemical management
- Solid waste management
- Legal and Customer compliances
To avoid process wastages, well maintained automation in all the business flow, we have achieved below mentioned significant score in past ten year journey of sustainability.